Homemade Rosemary Apple Sauce
Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 35 min
Total Time 40 min
- 2 lbs apples (about 8 - 9 small or medium, but a kitchen scale comes in handy here), cored and chopped into medium pieces
- 1/3 cup apple juice or cider
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar (or maple or agave nectar)
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2.5" piece fresh rosemary
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat and let cook down for about 35 - 45 minutes.
- Fish out the rosemary and mash with a large spoon or potato masher to the desired consistency, or use a blender or immersion blender for a finer consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator - will keep for at least a week (but let's be honest - I'll keep it MUCH longer. College steeled my stomach)